YAVP! Finally a win!!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 29th July 2012, 20:30

YAVP! Finally a win!!

My online @CDO minotaur berserker (yeah, real newbie-friendly) hacked his way through the dungeon, Zot and back again. Well, back he mostly ran, those wands of digging was a real deal breaker.

This was also the first game I managed to snag the barnacled rune and the silver rune; and the first game I entered the crypts, the Abyss (willingly), the vestibule (Geryon was a kitten) and the iron city of dis (chickened out without even exploring the first level fully).

My score was in the 940s and I'm real happy about that! Actually after 100+ failed games I'm happy no matter what.

Also: is my final morgue.txt saved somewhere? I play online on CDO as mentioned earlier

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 29th July 2012, 21:02

Re: YAVP! Finally a win!!

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/farkougg.html
click on the score for the files.
nice cpa.
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 31st July 2012, 12:42

Re: YAVP! Finally a win!!

farkougg wrote:and the iron city of dis (chickened out without even exploring the first level fully).

For future reference, exploring hell levels fully gets people killed. The idea is to find the shortest routes from the entry points to the down stairs, several times over if you have to retreat back to the Vestibule for supplies or resting. You were wise to bail out.

Well done.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too