CiP DDNe, the RNG master

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 09:45

CiP DDNe, the RNG master

I've recently started a new DD Necro, after several mountain dwarf warriors met gruesome deaths. I've tried this build when I started playing Crawl, but couldn't cope with monster at dL ~8 or something, pain didn't cut it.
Just on level 1 I found a ring of teleport control, a short sword of speed and a mace of draining! Before DL7, I got a ring of magical power, +2 robe +Ne taken from the corpse of Blork the orc (he was a real bitch to kill in that outfit) and -3 cursed boots {rPois Dex+4 Int+3 Acc+1 Stlth++} bought in an antique shop. DL 8 - book of wizardry (Agony ahoy!). Now entered lair to find a book of unlife and encounter a portal to spider's nest. Should I venture inside?

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 10:59

Re: CiP DDNe, the RNG master

spider nests can be dangerous without sInv as there are some with ghost moths in the end. some of the enemies can probably be too strong, i would suggest not to enter.
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 11:52

Enter it but quickly examine your surrounding. If it's a big open space, well... GTFO ASAP because ghost moths are around.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 12:17

I entered, only to find my road blocked by deep water. And that was it for spider's nest.

Still, what should I do now? Lair is dangerous for me - blink frogs are giving me ahard time, and haven't even run into some of the tougher monsters.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 13:30

If you're not feeling confident with Lair maybe Orc:1-3 or Hive would be better.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 18:38

Don't forget to use Vampiric Drain. Usually i kill blinking frogs with melee + vampiric drain combo. If you worship Makhleb, train invocations for destruction abilities and summoning demons. Greater demons should help a lot in lair, though it's always a chance they will be hostile.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 27th September 2011, 20:26

For a Ne, I also like to use Makhleb's lesser destruction as a way to kill fleeing mobs. It has a slightly longer range than pain.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too