YAVP : (MfIe of ashenzari 3 rune) criticism , suggestions?

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 20th May 2014, 08:31

YAVP : (MfIe of ashenzari 3 rune) criticism , suggestions?

Morgue link: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Fi ... 001814.txt

Hey guys! I just won mfie this marks my 4th win. I would like to ask if someone can give me criticism for my skilling or anything you see in the morgue that could have been done better.

I have won : MiBe of Trog , SpVm of Vehumet, GrMo of Chei, MfIe of Ashenzari

I would like to play a stealth based character but I am unsure about combos. I want it to be a different god + race+ background that I haven't done yet if possible.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th May 2014, 09:50

Re: YAVP : (MfIe of ashenzari 3 rune) criticism , suggestion

Congrats! I would have trained some Armour skill as well. For a stealth based character I'd suggest a VpEn of some god you haven't done yet.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 23rd May 2014, 10:02

Re: YAVP : (MfIe of ashenzari 3 rune) criticism , suggestion

Spriggans are best at being stealthy characters but if you don't want to play one because of your SpVM, maybe try Vp. I would recommend VpEn over VpAs because you have a good way to stab monsters that have woken up (Ensorcelled Hibernation). Try Kiku for a god as he gives you very strong spells and a pain weapon for the times when stabbing doesn't work. Ha and Ko are also good stabbers. In every case, you will want to not only develop your stabbing skills but also another effective form of offense.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too