DECo -- walking into fulminant prisms

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 01:19

DECo -- walking into fulminant prisms

Saw Nessos, so i plopped a fulminant prism between me and him to stop those arrows.

Then he blinks, but I stupidly walk up to see if he was a little beyond my vision.

Poor Murisa's spells were more a danger to herself than her enemies. 60 HPs of damage was more than your frail (x3) body could bear, even at full hitpoints.

Lesson learned, look before you look.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 09:56

Re: DECo -- walking into fulminant prisms

Also Conjurer id Cj not Co

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 18:33

I rarely even learn fulminant prism when I play conjurers. It just takes too much micromanagement for me, and it isn't particularly reliable as a main AOE spell. Hopefully by then you can find something else, and if not, battlesphere plus mystic blast does solid damage.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 22:09

Fulminant Prism in corridor allows you to "kite" monsters faster than you.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 13:45

monty wrote:I rarely even learn fulminant prism when I play conjurers. It just takes too much micromanagement for me, and it isn't particularly reliable as a main AOE spell. Hopefully by then you can find something else, and if not, battlesphere plus mystic blast does solid damage.

I love it, it is situational in the opposite way to sphere which you pretty much always want up and running, but the combination of the size of the blast and the way you can set them up in overlap really works well around the lair/mines stage of the game. Probably is worth remembering where you left them though.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 14:32

stickyfingers wrote:Fulminant Prism in corridor allows you to "kite" monsters faster than you.

Not sure if you're serious. How does that work, and why would you use this in preference to something cheaper like IMB?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 5th February 2014, 16:51

savageorange wrote:
stickyfingers wrote:Fulminant Prism in corridor allows you to "kite" monsters faster than you.

Not sure if you're serious. How does that work, and why would you use this in preference to something cheaper like IMB?

Well, IMB can't block. If you block the corridor with a prism and there's alternate route nearby, the monster will choose it instead of destroying the prism. Then, you have time to , for example, channel some mana, and when the prism explodes, the monster turns back and moves towards you. You can take about 2 shots at it before blocking the route again. Only useful (moderately, I guess) with either a good channeling ability and/or a lot of of mana, obviously.

For this message the author stickyfingers has received thanks:
savageorange

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 21st February 2014, 03:30

Thanks, this tactic works great!

Though I don't use it for kiting per se, it's great for getting some distance from fast / hard hitting enemies.

I think the AI may work differently now, because my experience is the monster continues down the alt path usually, rather than turning back.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too