CIP DsWz - extended advice [YASD]

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 02:01

CIP DsWz - extended advice [YASD]

Got a good one going. Have lost a half dozen characters in extended but never finished. Have been everywhere about once.

Any suggestions for me on extended:
  • Where to go next? What order? What to avoid?
  • What to improve/get to increase chances of survival?
  • What about changing gods? To late?

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13-b1-52-g3dd6219 (tiles) character file.

Desmon the Archmage (Demonspawn Wizard)           Turns: 170798, Time: 20:39:47

HP 174/174       AC 22     Str 16      XL: 27
MP  62/62        EV 31     Int 35      God: Sif Muna [******]
Gold 7096        SH 16     Dex 24      Spells: 19 memorised,  0 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   w - staff of power
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : .   P - +5 leather armour "Apserphast" {rF+ Str+3 Int+4}
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : +   B - +2 elf buckler
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : +   (helmet unavailable)
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   o - +2 cloak {rCorr, Cons}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : +   R - +1 pair of gloves "Nojebar" {Str+3 Dex+3}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   U - +2 pair of boots {run}
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   c - amulet of Skall {Cons +Rage rN+ Acc+4}
Saprovore : . . .                    i - ring of Propriety {rC++ MR Dex+4}
                                     N - ring "Vuips" {MR Int+4 Acc+5}

@: quick, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments, extraordinarily
stealthy
A: antennae 3, life protection 2, nightstalker 3, slow metabolism 1, spit poison
1, 50% torment resistance, magic shield, magic regeneration, magic link, AC +4,
Int +2
a: Spit Poison, Channel Energy, Forget Spell, Renounce Religion, Evoke Berserk
Rage
}: 4/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, gossamer

You are on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts.
You worship Sif Muna.
Sif Muna is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 13 branches of the dungeon, and seen 75 of its levels.
You have also visited: Labyrinth and Trove.

You have collected 10977 gold pieces.
You have spent 3901 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 f - a +6,+5 demon blade of slicing
Armour
 o - a +2 cloak of preservation (worn)
 B - a +2 elven buckler (worn)
 P - the +5 leather armour "Apserphast" (worn) {rF+ Str+3 Int+4}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your intelligence (+4).
   It protects you from fire.
 R - the +1 pair of gloves "Nojebar" (worn) {Str+3 Dex+3}

It affects your dexterity (+3).
 U - a +2 pair of boots of running (worn)
Magical devices
 g - a wand of heal wounds (6)
 j - a wand of flame (17)
 t - a wand of disintegration (8)
 y - a wand of teleportation (6)
 C - a wand of fire (4)
 J - a wand of teleportation (3)
 T - a wand of digging
Comestibles
 d - 7 bread rations
 h - 3 pears
Scrolls
 p - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 H - a scroll of identify
 I - a scroll of remove curse
 K - a scroll of blinking
Jewellery
 c - the amulet of Skall (around neck) {Cons +Rage rN+ Acc+4}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 12 of the Dungeon)   

[amulet of conservation]
   It affects your accuracy (+4).
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It lets you go berserk.
 i - the ring of Propriety (right hand) {rC++ MR Dex+4}

[ring of protection from magic]
   It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
 v - an uncursed amulet of clarity
 F - an uncursed amulet of resist mutation
 G - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 N - the ring "Vuips" (left hand) {MR Int+4 Acc+5}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)   

It affects your accuracy (+5).
Potions
 a - a potion of restore abilities
 e - 2 potions of heal wounds
 r - 2 potions of curing
 L - a potion of speed
 M - a potion of magic
Magical staves
 w - an uncursed staff of power (weapon)

Skills:
 - Level 6.0 Fighting
   Level 2.0 Short Blades
 - Level 5.7 Long Blades
 * Level 8.9 Armour
 + Level 17.4 Dodging
 + Level 8.8 Stealth
 - Level 5.1 Shields
 O Level 27 Spellcasting
 - Level 20.0 Conjurations
 - Level 5.1 Charms
 - Level 2.0 Summonings
 - Level 10.1 Translocations
 - Level 20.0 Ice Magic
 * Level 10.5 Air Magic
 - Level 0.5 Earth Magic
 - Level 7.4 Invocations

You cannot memorise any spells.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Iskenderun's Mystic   Conj           ########     0%          4    None
b - Force Lance           Conj           ########     0%          5    None
c - Bolt of Cold          Conj/Ice       ########..   1%          6    None
d - Freezing Cloud        Conj/Ice/Air   ########..   1%          6    None
e - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ########..   1%          7    None
f - Ice Storm             Conj/Ice       ########..   12%         9    ##.....
i - Dig                   Erth           ######..     4%          4    None
j - Teleport Other        Tloc           #######.     1%          3    None
x - Cure Poison           Pois           #####.....   1%          2    None
z - Abjuration            Summ           ######....   1%          3    None
A - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          0%          2    None
B - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          8%          7    None
C - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   2%          6    None
D - Haste                 Chrm           ######..     12%         6    None
E - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          2    None
F - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          3    None
G - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ######....   1%          3    None
Y - Summon Butterflies    Summ           ######..     1%          1    None
Z - Apportation           Tloc           #######...   0%          1    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (27/27)            Temple (1/1) D:6             Orc (4/4) D:7
    Elf (3/3) Orc:4          Lair (8/8) D:13         Shoals (5/5) Lair:3
 Spider (5/5) Lair:6        Slime (6/6) Lair:7       Vaults (5/5) D:19
  Blade (1/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (5/5) Vaults:3       Tomb (0/3) Crypt:3
    Dis (0/7) Hell            Geh (0/7) Hell            Coc (0/7) Hell
    Tar (0/7) Hell            Zot (4/5) D:27       

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:12 =   D:15 (   D:19 /   D:21 *   D:25 +   D:26 !   Orc:4 =!*}   Elf:1 +   Elf:2 %   Shoals:2 }   Vaults:1 }   Vaults:2 (   Vaults:5 *(

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27
Abyss: D:24 D:25 D:27
Pandemonium: D:21 D:23 D:24

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have a pair of large antennae on your head (SInv).
You are completely covered in thin metallic scales (AC +4, rElec).
You are quite resistant to negative energy.
You are completely attuned to the shadows.
You are somewhat able to resist unholy torments (1 in 2 success).
When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves.
You regenerate magic rapidly.
When low on magic, you restore magic in place of health.
Your mind is acute. (Int +2)
You have a slow metabolism.
You can spit poison.

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Whip              |   101 |     1 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   102
       Unarmed           |     1 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Short sword       |       |       |    44 |   229 |   180 |    54 |       |       |       ||   507
       Staff             |       |       |       |    10 |     6 |     6 |    24 |     1 |     8 ||    55
       Rod               |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       |       ||     6
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |    50 ||    54
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |     4 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     4
 Cast: Magic Dart        |    91 |   189 |   495 |   556 |   255 |     1 |       |       |       ||  1587
       Call Imp          |     7 |       |    11 |     2 |       |       |       |       |       ||    20
       Blink             |       |     1 |     7 |     4 |     6 |    29 |     8 |    12 |    10 ||    77
       Mephitic Cloud    |       |     1 |     5 |     4 |       |       |       |       |       ||    10
       Conjure Flame     |       |       |    53 |   115 |    57 |     1 |     3 |       |       ||   229
       Force Lance       |       |       |       |     4 |     8 |    86 |    45 |    60 |   170 ||   373
       Stone Arrow       |       |       |       |   214 |   427 |   248 |    47 |       |       ||   936
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |     6 |     8 |    11 |    30 |    16 |       ||    71
       Iskenderun's Myst |       |       |       |    83 |   258 |   713 |   209 |   194 |   451 ||  1908
       Swiftness         |       |       |       |     1 |     5 |    15 |    13 |    15 |    58 ||   107
       Flight            |       |       |       |       |     5 |     7 |       |       |     3 ||    15
       Throw Frost       |       |       |       |       |   420 |    60 |    18 |    14 |     1 ||   513
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |   120 |   171 |   205 |   110 |   158 ||   764
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |     3 |     3 |       ||     9
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |       |     4 |    69 |   140 |   178 |   641 ||  1032
       Stoneskin         |       |       |       |       |     1 |     5 |     7 |     9 |     2 ||    24
       Animate Skeleton  |       |       |       |       |       |   143 |   184 |   133 |     2 ||   462
       Cure Poison       |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     5 |     3 |     2 ||    24
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |       ||     2
       Bolt of Cold      |       |       |       |       |       |       |   322 |   494 |   322 ||  1138
       Abjuration        |       |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |     3 |    40 ||    60
       Ozocubu's Refrige |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     4 |       ||     7
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    43 |     4 ||    47
       Animate Dead      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    26 |    42 ||    68
       Iskenderun's Batt |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     4 ||     8
       Ice Storm         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    11 ||    11
       Dig               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    88 ||    88
Invok: Forget Spell      |       |       |       |       |     1 |     5 |       |     3 |     5 ||    14
       Channel Energy    |       |       |       |       |     2 |    20 |    16 |    32 |    22 ||    92
 Abil: Spit Poison       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |     1 |     3 |    20 |    23 |    48 |    12 |    14 |    17 ||   138
       Rod               |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |       |       |       ||     4
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
  Use: Scroll            |     3 |     9 |    11 |    15 |    19 |    20 |    22 |    10 |    23 ||   132
       Potion            |       |     1 |     3 |     3 |     6 |    10 |     3 |     4 |     4 ||    34
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |     1 ||     2
Last edited by Denniz on Thursday, 17th October 2013, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 03:17

Re: CIP DsWz - extended advice

Where to go next? What order? What to avoid?

For extended you'd generally want to go Pan first. Torment resistance will really help you a lot. Maybe abyss first, but that place is kinda exhausting to find runes. If you do go, I'd really suggest to not to dive all the way to the 5th floor. Even 4th floor is swarming with monsters.

And I don't think this character needs to avoid any place unless it spells obvious danger. Obviously you wouldn't want to fight more than one fiend at a time if possible.

What to improve/get to increase chances of survival?

You've got swiftness and haste, so that helps. Got necronomicon? All of the three spells can help you greatly. You can forget mystic blast and force lance to make room for additional spells.

What about changing gods? To late?

I don't know why you'd want to change god when you have Sif Muna. Channeling mp is a very powerful tool in extended and you don't have to worry about crystal ball miscasts.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 05:01

Some of your spells are still at a slightly high failure rate, at least for my preferences (although with Sif Muna's protection and channeling you can maybe use them well enough). At least c.Blink I'd want to have a lower failure rate than 8%, personally, since it is primarily an escape spell. But more important than that—

You definitely, absolutely want more fighting. HP is good. That's probably better to train right now over air (which you don't need more of with spells you have currently) or armor (which doesn't help that much, you are getting about 1 AC per 3 and 2/3 a level of armor skill, if I'm not mistaken, since you are only in leather and can't wear helmet and so your base AC is 6). On the other hand you are level 27 so you will get very nice HP boost with more fighting.

Your 50% torment resistance will be very nice in extended. Death's door, or (easier to get online but costlier to use) B. Revivification are great spells for when things get completely out of hand. Both are extremely powerful escape spells. Those are things to possibly work on getting (if available) once you have some more fighting skill under your belt.

I wouldn't worry about or bother with switching gods. But *do* use / abuse Sif's channeling.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 15th October 2013, 16:35

If you have access to a better staff, you should make use of it. Having 62 MP seems nice, but between Sif channeling, and your MP recharge mutations you'll do better if you can use an enhancer staff to make your spells stronger.

Don't leave Sif. You rely on spells for everything and Sif wrath makes spellcasting very unreliable.

As A.I. noted, try to train skills that will do things for you. Lowering the fail rate on ice storm, controlled blink and haste would be a good, short term goal. The advice on Necronomicon spells is also good for extended. Also, with Ice Magic that high, you can make good use of Ozocubu's Armour. You can drop the spells already mentioned, plus Abjuration and Teleport Other. (Don't abjure or move stuff, kill it!)

I've never played a demonspawn with nightstalker 3 and antennae 3. If that lets you detect things just out of line-of-sight, take advantage of that and start Ice Storming things before they even see you.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 16th October 2013, 00:11

Good stuff. Gives me a lot to think about. Thanks, guys.

Sticking with Sif sounds right. (Just wanted to check.) Haven't had to use channeling much with the 62 mana. I think I am 48 without the staff. (I tend to run through my mana fast so it has been working for me.) I have staffs of Wizard, Conjuration and Ice. Any of those would do, I guess. Wiz would lower success on a few spells. Need to check whether Ice or Conjure would help more.

I have Necronomicon but it takes a lot of Necromancy/Transmutation to get going. Kind of a long term investment to get there. I have never looked very closely at Death's Door and Revivification. Not sure I get how to use them.

Mystic Blast/Force Lance have been becoming less useful. I seem to be using Orb and Ice bolt mostly at this point for single target stuff. If I get rid of them that only leaves Orb for cold resistant stuff, thought. It is not like I have a lot of space to work with thanks to Nightstalker...

Normally, I don't like to play with Nighstalker but the Antennae let's me hit stuff out of sight with Ice cloud. (Ice storm may be better later but it is really noisy.) Made Slime pretty simple.

Abjuration has been helpful for all those summon monsters that can really overwhelm a caster. I didn't think you got experience for killing summons. (3 mana vs. 6+ to kill them seems more economical)

I was training armour with the intent of upping my leather armor to something heavier before I got too crazy on upping my melee. But increasing Fighting sounds better short term for more HP. Guess I should look at Ozocubu's Armour again, too. Maybe if I find some really good armour I might revisit amour skill. ;)

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 17th October 2013, 22:38

Re: CIP DsWz - extended advice [YASD]

Went to Pan. Got 3 runes (demonic and the other two Pan lords) but Gloorx Vloq got me. Got him pretty low but ran short of mana. Just could not get away from him the last time. (I guess I should have teleported but I get stubborn after running away once.)

Not sure how it would have turned out with extra mana vs. the bump to damage using the Wand of Cold instead. Of course had a couple miscasts when I had him low too. So I should have put more effort into lower failure or used the Wand of wizardry. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Code:

850526 Desmon the Archmage (level 27, -27/201 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Wizard on Oct 10, 2013.
             Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
             Annihilated by Gloorx Vloq (29 damage)
             ... in Pandemonium on Oct 16, 2013.
             The game lasted 22:36:12 (185419 turns).

Desmon the Archmage (Demonspawn Wizard)           Turns: 185419, Time: 22:36:12

HP -27/201       AC 22     Str 16      XL: 27
MP   0/50        EV 32     Int 35      God: Sif Muna [******]
Gold 7930        SH 16     Dex 24      Spells: 18 memorised,  2 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   k - staff of cold
Res.Cold  : + + +   Warding    : .   P - +5 leather armour "Apserphast" {rF+ Str+3 Int+4}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : +   R - +1 pair of gloves "Nojebar" {Str+3 Dex+3}

@: mildly poisoned, slightly contaminated, glowing, very quick, extraordinarily
resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: antennae 3, life protection 2, nightstalker 3, slow metabolism 1, spit poison
Int +2
Rage
}: 7/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, demonic, glowing, magical, gossamer

You were in Pandemonium.
You worshipped Sif Muna.
Sif Muna was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 13 branches of the dungeon, and saw 75 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 1 time, and saw 18 of its levels.
You also visited: Labyrinth and Trove.

You collected 11811 gold pieces.
You spent 3901 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 z - the +7,+10 long sword "Secret Weapon" {flame, Str+2}
   (You found it in Pandemonium)   

It emits flame when wielded, causing extra injury to most foes and up to
   double damage against particularly susceptible opponents. Big, fiery blades
   are also staple armaments of hydra-hunters.

It affects your strength (+2).
Armour

Magical devices
 n - a wand of digging (10)
 t - a wand of disintegration (5)
 w - a wand of digging (6)
 y - a wand of teleportation (9)
 C - a wand of fire (11)
Comestibles
 d - 18 bread rations
Scrolls
 b - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 q - a scroll of enchant armour
 A - a scroll of enchant weapon I
 H - 4 scrolls of identify
 I - 14 scrolls of remove curse
 K - 4 scrolls of blinking
 Q - 2 scrolls of enchant weapon II
Jewellery

[amulet of conservation]
   It lets you go berserk.

Potions
 a - 2 potions of restore abilities
 e - a potion of heal wounds
 h - a potion of flight
 m - a potion of resistance
 r - 8 potions of curing
 L - 2 potions of speed
 M - 2 potions of magic

Spells                             Type                      Level
   Excruciating Wounds                Charms/Necromancy            5
   Haunt                              Necromancy/Summoning         7
   Necromutation                      Transmutation/Necromancy     8
 J - a book of Enchantments   

Cause Fear                         Hexes                        4
   Silence                            Hexes/Air                    5
   Tukima's Dance                     Hexes                        5
   *Deflect Missiles                  Charms/Air                   6
   *Haste                             Charms                       6
   Discord                            Hexes                        8
Magical staves
 k - an uncursed staff of cold (weapon)

Skills:
 * Level 14.1 Fighting
   Level 2.0 Short Blades
 - Level 5.7 Long Blades
 - Level 8.9 Armour
 - Level 19.0 Dodging
 + Level 10.7 Stealth
 - Level 5.1 Shields
 O Level 27 Spellcasting
 + Level 20.3 Conjurations
 - Level 9.2 Charms
 - Level 2.0 Summonings
 - Level 11.5 Translocations
 + Level 20.2 Ice Magic
 - Level 10.5 Air Magic
 - Level 0.5 Earth Magic
 - Level 7.4 Invocations

You had 2 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

v - Control Teleport      Chrm/Tloc      #######...   1%          4    None
w - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ######....   1%          3    None
B - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          3%          7    None
C - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          6    None
D - Haste                 Chrm           #######.     1%          6    None
E - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #######...   0%          2    None
F - Ozocubu's Armour      Chrm/Ice       ########..   0%          3    None
G - Flight                Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          3    None

Branches:

Shops:
D:12 =   D:15 (   D:19 /   D:21 *   D:25 +   D:26 !   Orc:4 =!*}   Elf:1 +   Elf:2 %   Shoals:2 }   Vaults:1 }   Vaults:2 (   Vaults:5 *(

Portals:

Annotations:
Pan Gloorx Vloq

You can spit poison.

Message History

The bolt of negative energy misses you.
Aiming: Ice Storm
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line
You feel a surge of power! You miscast Ice Storm. Nothing appears to happen.
* * * LOW MAGIC WARNING * * *
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
You feel sick.
You feel a little better.
The Executioner hits you!
The Executioner hits you but does no damage.
The Executioner completely misses you. The Executioner hits you!
The Executioner misses you. The Executioner hits you.
Gloorx Vloq hits you!
You die...

###
        #..
      ##.#.#
      #W..#
    ##.#W#.#
    #...#..
   ##&.# ###
   #@1.#
  ##..##
  #...#
  #.3##
 ##.X#  {
 #§3.#
 #§§##{
##..#   #
#...##.#.#.#3#
#3X##.#.#§#§#.#
#..###.#.#§#.#§
#1&{{..3.§§§{§§§

You could see Gloorx Vloq, an Executioner, 2 soul eaters, 2 shadow wraiths and a
large abomination.

I was wanting to maximize my experience so I kept a save from my last break. (The above is real, though. No scum saving 'til this one.) Ran into Cerebov this time. No better result. May try it again. Not sure. Kind of loses something after you have already died. (And get trashed again shortly thereafter.) Maybe use it to go to hell or tomb.

Code:

857461 Desmon the Archmage (level 27, -3/201 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Wizard on Oct 10, 2013.
             Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
             Killed from afar by Cerebov (24 damage)
             ... with a great blast of fire

... in Pandemonium on Oct 16, 2013.
             The game lasted 22:42:02 (186449 turns).

Desmon the Archmage (Demonspawn Wizard)           Turns: 186449, Time: 22:42:02

HP  -3/201       AC 22     Str 16      XL: 27
MP   0/50        EV 32     Int 35      God: Sif Muna [******]
Gold 8622        SH 16     Dex 24      Spells: 18 memorised,  2 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   k - staff of cold
Res.Cold  : + + +   Warding    : .   P - +5 leather armour "Apserphast" {rF+ Str+3 Int+4}

@: very slightly contaminated, quick, extraordinarily resistant to hostile
enchantments, extraordinarily stealthy
Int +2
Rage
}: 7/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, demonic, glowing, magical, gossamer

You were in Pandemonium.
You worshipped Sif Muna.
Sif Muna was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 13 branches of the dungeon, and saw 75 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 1 time, and saw 17 of its levels.
You also visited: Labyrinth and Trove.

You collected 12503 gold pieces.
You spent 3901 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 z - the +7,+10 long sword "Secret Weapon" {flame, Str+2}
   (You found it in Pandemonium)   

It emits flame when wielded, causing extra injury to most foes and up to
   double damage against particularly susceptible opponents. Big, fiery blades
   are also staple armaments of hydra-hunters.

It affects your strength (+2).
Armour

Magical devices
 w - a wand of digging (6)
 y - a wand of teleportation (9)
 C - a wand of fire (11)
 D - a wand of invisibility (4)
Comestibles
 d - 18 bread rations
Scrolls
 b - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 q - a scroll of enchant armour
 A - a scroll of enchant weapon I
 H - 4 scrolls of identify
 I - 10 scrolls of remove curse
 K - 3 scrolls of blinking
 Q - 2 scrolls of enchant weapon II
Jewellery

[amulet of conservation]
   It lets you go berserk.

j - the ring "Qefaymmau" {Contam rC+ Str+3, unknown}
   (You took it off an efreet in Pandemonium)   

[ring of protection from cold]
   It causes magical contamination when unequipped.
 n - an uncursed ring of teleport control
 x - the amulet "Inout" {Spirit Int+1 Acc-4, unknown}
   (You took it off an efreet in Pandemonium)   

[amulet of guardian spirit]
   It affects your intelligence (+1).
   It affects your accuracy (-4).

Potions
 a - 2 potions of restore abilities
 e - 2 potions of heal wounds
 m - a potion of resistance
 r - 8 potions of curing
 L - 2 potions of speed
 M - 4 potions of magic

*Control Teleport                  Charms/Translocation         4
   Control Undead                     Necromancy                   4
   Enslavement                        Hexes                        4
   Mass Confusion                     Hexes                        6
   Metabolic Englaciation             Hexes/Ice                    6
Magical staves
 k - an uncursed staff of cold (weapon)
 O - an uncursed staff of energy

Skills:
 * Level 14.0 Fighting
   Level 2.0 Short Blades
 - Level 5.7 Long Blades
 - Level 8.9 Armour
 + Level 19.1 Dodging
 + Level 10.5 Stealth
 - Level 5.1 Shields
 O Level 27 Spellcasting
 + Level 20.6 Conjurations
 - Level 9.2 Charms
 - Level 2.0 Summonings
 + Level 20.5 Ice Magic
 - Level 10.5 Air Magic
 - Level 0.5 Earth Magic
 + Level 7.7 Invocations

You had 2 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

v - Control Teleport      Chrm/Tloc      #######...   1%          4    None

Branches:

Shops:

Portals:

Annotations:
Pan Cerebov

You can spit poison.

Message History

You feel a surge of power!
The blast explodes into a great storm of ice!
The ice storm engulfs the fire vortex. The fire vortex is frozen!
The fire vortex dissipates!
The ice storm engulfs the efreet. The efreet is frozen!
You kill the efreet!
The ice storm engulfs Cerebov.
Cerebov is severely wounded.
Cerebov is engulfed in freezing vapours.
Cerebov gestures at you.
A raging storm of fire appears! The great blast of fire engulfs you! You partially resist.
You die...

{
                    #.#            {
           {        ...
################### #.#
.{.{..............###.###
#################.#.....#.#
........'...#####'###.###'##########
#########...#.......#.#.......#§§§).
#########)).#.#.#.#.....#.#.#.#§§###
}.#.....#...#...)....§§§§)....#§§#
.:'...))'...#.#...v.§§§§v§..#.#&§#
..#...).#...#.....@§§§&§{.....#§.#{
#############.#....§§§§§§§..#.#§§#
...).......)).).).§§§§§§))...§§§§#
###########)#)#...§.§§§.....#.####
..........#.#)...(.v.§........#{
.#..#..#..#.#)#)...)).......#.# {
.......)..'.#.....)...........#{
.#..#..#..#.#.#.#.#.....#.#.#)#
..........#.#.......#.#......§#
#################)###.###'#####
#################.#  .  #.
.............)....#

You could see Cerebov and 2 fire vortices.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 30th October 2013, 00:17

I've come back to this a few times only to get smashed by Cerebov or Gloorx Vloq, I finally had a run where I got both of them and made it out of Pan with all 5 runes. It was really tough to get back into the feeling of playing this character after an break. Part of the reason I kept getting killed, I guess. Got fighting up to 19. Going to go for Necro next.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.0 (tiles) character file.

Desmon the Archmage (Demonspawn Wizard)           Turns: 192100, Time: 23:39:07

HP 219/219       AC 22     Str 16      XL: 27
MP  50/50        EV 32     Int 35      God: Sif Muna [******]
Gold 8309        SH 13     Dex 24      Spells: 18 memorised,  4 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + .   See Invis. : +   a - staff of cold
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : +   b - -1 buckler of the Thirteen Beds {rF+}

@: quick, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments, extraordinarily
stealthy
Int +2
Rage
}: 9/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark,
gossamer

You are on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts.
You worship Sif Muna.
Sif Muna is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 13 branches of the dungeon, and seen 75 of its levels.
You have visited Pandemonium 1 time, and seen 24 of its levels.
You have also visited: Labyrinth and Trove.

You have collected 12190 gold pieces.
You have spent 3901 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
Armour
 b - the -1 buckler of the Thirteen Beds (worn) {rF+}
   (You acquired it on level 23 of the Dungeon)   

e - a +0 elven buckler of poison resistance

Magical devices
 g - a wand of heal wounds (5)
 u - a wand of cold {zapped: 2}
 w - a wand of digging {zapped: 1}
 y - a wand of teleportation (8)
 C - a wand of fire (10)
Comestibles
 d - 10 bread rations
Scrolls
 H - a scroll of identify
 I - a scroll of remove curse
 K - a scroll of blinking
Jewellery

[amulet of conservation]
   It lets you go berserk.

Potions
 r - 3 potions of curing
 L - a potion of speed
 S - 2 potions of heal wounds
Magical staves
 a - an uncursed staff of cold (weapon)

Skills:
 - Level 19.4 Fighting
   Level 2.0 Short Blades
 - Level 5.7 Long Blades
 - Level 8.9 Armour
 - Level 19.0 Dodging
 - Level 13.0 Stealth
 - Level 5.1 Shields
 O Level 27 Spellcasting
 - Level 20.0 Conjurations
 - Level 9.2 Charms
 - Level 2.0 Summonings
 - Level 20.0 Ice Magic
 - Level 10.5 Air Magic
 - Level 0.5 Earth Magic
 - Level 10.1 Invocations

You have 4 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

b - Stoneskin             Trmt/Erth      #####.....   1%          2    None

Branches:

Shops:

Portals:

You can spit poison.

Yeah, I know it is scum-saving but I am trying to get a feel for the extended game. No different than playing in Wizmode to check something out. Playing after you die seems less fun anyway since it doesn't matter if you eventually win.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 30th October 2013, 03:45

Sure, nothing wrong with using this as a way to explore more of extended. But yes, when perma-death is ruled out, the game inevitably becomes a lot less interesting and fun. So finish up your reconnaissance, then quit that character and start up a new one!

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too