Merge "The Back Room" and "The Bar"

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Barkeep

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 02:04

Merge "The Back Room" and "The Bar"

Hi all,

One thing I think would be worth doing is merging the forum areas "The Back Room" and "The Bar." We don't have different sets of mods or permissions for the two forum areas, so all it does is mean that one of the links on the top of the page takes me to somewhere I don't want to be half the time :)

Objections?
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 02:20

Re: Merge "The Back Room" and "The Bar"

To me, I think Suggestions & Criticisms should be more towards the top. Either it should be above Game Design Discussion or below it so that it is more visible.

I'm not sure about the Bulletin Board though, maybe that should be lumped into The Tavern instead of The Back Room.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 02:26

The Back Room and Bar have distinct subject areas, game and forum respectively. Seems useful to keep that distinction.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 04:33

Grimm wrote:The Back Room and Bar have distinct subject areas, game and forum respectively. Seems useful to keep that distinction.

The distinction might be more important discussion regarding the forums was a lot heavier, but it is dead most of the time and people maybe not even be bothering to scroll down to see if anything new has been posted; the distinction is probably hampering The Bar more then helping it.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 09:38

The back room is about the game, the bar is about the forum. It would make sense to move Bulletin Board to the tavern, but I think it's better to keep the high traffic forums at the top of the main page.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Barkeep

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 14:02

My lord, I'm a dumbass. I meant "The Tavern" and "The Back Room." See? My brain even refused to understand there was a forum group with the same name as the forum... um... übergroup?

In other words, I propose moving all the "Back Room" topics into the front room. The Bar is good for meta.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 15th February 2013, 14:09

I think that's a bad idea. The back room is about designing crawl and getting crawl to run, where as the tavern is about playing crawl and crawl humor.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism