Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 21:48

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

mageykun wrote:napkin also shows up on the admin's list, but danr's showed up more recently.

It might be a good idea to ask them to promote someone more readily available next time we see them. I've still got "add technical support requests to interface and software description so they stop ending up in crazy yiufs" and "add the :rangedisoverpowered: smiley" on my get-an-admin-to-do-it-list.

Napkin gave me admin rights. What description for I&S? Maybe rename it to a more generic Technical Support.
And what's this thing about a smiley?
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 21:52

Re: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

In the "I think I found something worth checking out today" thread one of the people found a silly little animation of a thing shooting arrows very quickly at another thing. I think that is the "ranged combat is OP animation" they were talking about.
There is the animation.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 21:59

galehar wrote:And what's this thing about a smiley?

viewtopic.php?p=61395#p61395

"Technical Support" sounds good. Or maybe "The IT Department in the basement"

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 22:24

The problem is I'd prefer technical support requests to be made in interface and software. However, it doesn't technically say they go in there, so people seem to default to crazy Yiuf's ("If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here"). I'd like to update the description, to something like:

Interface & Software
"How to control the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc. Technical support requests go here."

A rename could work too. (Interface, Software, and Technical Support). Whatever makes it clearer.

^& ^^Explained the smiley. Adding it is half a joke anyways. (I did send of a permission request anyways. Never heard back, but the author's page gives the impression that it's unnecessary).

Another bit of potential admin maintenance: in the legend at the bottom of the index page, it only lists mods and admins. It would be nice if the other user groups (devs and the newly minted councilors) showed up.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 29th May 2012, 21:49

mageykun wrote:Interface & Software
"How to control the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc. Technical support requests go here."

I've renamed the forum and updated the desc.

mageykun wrote:Another bit of potential admin maintenance: in the legend at the bottom of the index page, it only lists mods and admins. It would be nice if the other user groups (devs and the newly minted councilors) showed up.

Done.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
mageykun

Return to Suggestions & Criticism