Screenshot forum?

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 19th January 2011, 19:25

Screenshot forum?

I think it might be fun to have a screenshot forum of its own; it might encourage others to share snapshots of their interesting crawl moments.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 19th January 2011, 22:39

Re: Screenshot forum?

That would significantly increase storage space. Napkin, if you see this, what are your thoughts on that?

If we did this, I think I'd want to combine it with morgue files / char dumps as well.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 19th January 2011, 22:46

We already have a console screenshot topic in the contribution forum. We can just create another topic for tile ones. Not sure we really need a dedicated forum for that. Also, I don't see the point of a forum for morgue files and dumps. If you want to upload one, you either want to brag about a win, whine about a death or ask for advice, and we already have all that covered.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 20th January 2011, 02:00

I was just thinking that if there were a dedicated forum, folks would be more likely to share their amusing screenshots.

I'm personally not a fan of centithreads that are constantly being bumped to the top where I have to click to the 3rd or 4th page to see the new information...

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 20th January 2011, 03:41

galehar wrote:We already have a console screenshot topic in the contribution forum. We can just create another topic for tile ones. Not sure we really need a dedicated forum for that. Also, I don't see the point of a forum for morgue files and dumps. If you want to upload one, you either want to brag about a win, whine about a death or ask for advice, and we already have all that covered.

I just meant that we might expand the YASD / YAVP forum to include screenshots, rather than adding a new forum.

Server Admin

Post Thursday, 20th January 2011, 06:38

I don't think there will be a problem with disk-space since people mostly add external links to their screenshots instead of uploading them.
Please report bugs to the bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Return to Suggestions & Criticism