Forum incompatible with phone browsers

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 28th July 2012, 04:36

Forum incompatible with phone browsers

Whether on (android, ics 4.0.3) Opera or Firefox, this forum is a total mess. I've never seen another website fall apart like Tavern does on my mobile. Text and threads don't display properly, broken code boxes, dogs and cats living together, etc.

It's not that big of a deal, just figured I'd report it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th July 2012, 04:47

Re: Forum incompatible with phone browsers

Looking at this and responding just fine from the default browser on my DROID X.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 28th July 2012, 04:53

my default browser struggles with some things, like showing page numbers and who last replied to a thread, but it is better than my preferred firefox browser.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 28th July 2012, 09:43

Works fine on Mobile Safari, though sometimes I have to zoom in a lot to hit link targets and then zoom back out to read. I'm using an ancient version on a 2008 iPod Touch.

I've heard good things about tapatalk, but I haven't actually used it as a forum reader or a forum administrator. It's a combination of a phpbb module and a mobile app that purport to make it easier to use fora on mobile devices.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism