Impossible to register?

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 10th December 2019, 10:22

Impossible to register?

I saw an assertion that one can't currently report bugs via Mantis (which is the same login as Tavern) because it's impossible to register for an account. On logging out, that does seem to be the case; "Register via Mantis" takes me to a Mantis login page.

I wonder if a) I'm missing something and b) if not, if this problem is known (because anyone it affects can't post to Tavern to mention it or report a bug about it...)
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 10th December 2019, 18:27

Re: Impossible to register?

damerell wrote:I saw an assertion that one can't currently report bugs via Mantis (which is the same login as Tavern) because it's impossible to register for an account. On logging out, that does seem to be the case; "Register via Mantis" takes me to a Mantis login page.

I wonder if a) I'm missing something and b) if not, if this problem is known (because anyone it affects can't post to Tavern to mention it or report a bug about it...)

If I recall correctly, at some point we were being flooded with spam bot registrations, I believe new account registration was suspended at the time, perhaps it still is?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 11th December 2019, 15:13

Re: Impossible to register?

Yes, I believe the server admin has again disabled new accounts because of spambots.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism