Suggestion: Give Reasons For Moderation

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 7th November 2016, 23:51

Suggestion: Give Reasons For Moderation

The suggestion is very simple, when moderation is undertaken, inform of the reasons that caused the moderation, be it through a private message or through a post in a moderated thread. I know it's already done often, but a recent new poster was at a loss about why his post had been moved from GDD to CYC. So my proposal is to always do it.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks: 3
Cimanyd, VeryAngryFelid, ydeve

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 00:05

Re: Suggestion: Give Reasons For Moderation

I would be happy with just being notified when my posts are edited/moved/deleted.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
ydeve

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 02:01

every time my posts have been edited/deleted a mod has PM'd me to be like "arrhythmia you can't say that word anymore" or "arrhythmia you aren't allowed to call the devs those names".

i don't think i've ever haven a thread go from GDD -> CYC but it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out why this happens.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 09:52

See the point "new poster".
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 13:19

Care to point out where this has happened, Shtopit, in case the mods need to address anything for this new poster?

As the OP points out, however, we really do nearly always do this. In a few cases, I've seen things get moderated and the announcement get lost as we discuss what sanctions are appropriate for a few days. Sometimes, I don't notify people about changes when it's a relatively small change, or when it's done due to a rule the poster doesn't really need a reminder about. It's otherwise just honest mistakes.

That said, I'll personally try to do a better job at this if it's bothering people.

For this message the author archaeo has received thanks: 2
Cimanyd, Shtopit

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 13:41

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Barkeep

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 02:21

I'm +1 for the OP's suggestion -- if I forget to do that myself it's by accident (the forum software sometimes encourages you to do other things after moving a post).

Of course, I'd need to actually be an active mod or something for this to mean anything...
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism