Search word filters

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:19

Search word filters

I understand a search feature filtering out common words - it's a lot of overhead for an indexer to search and process each instance of words like "the". However, I think it is overfitting when it tells me things like "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: makhleb". Is this something that can be tuned by administrators?

list of pervs:
Last edited by johlstei on Friday, 18th March 2016, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author johlstei has received thanks:
amaril

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 19:20

Re: Search word filters

At some point all the words will be too common on this forum, and you won't be able to search for anything other than myxlplyx, and toast (because for some reason we don't make enough threads about toast)

Seriously though the search link should just redirect to a google search with the site set to crawl.devel.org/tavern

Like this
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 2
archaeo, ydeve

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 19:30

Re: Search word filters

Also I guess Makhleb is the most discussed god. Trog has over 9000 results that show up fine.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism