Remove the Counsellor Group?

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 20th December 2015, 18:21

Re: Remove the Counsellor Group?

Do not advertize how many times a person has been given rep(although people can say if they did or not). When you give click the "+1 rep" on a persons post, there is an invisible meter that is added to the post. Once that meter reaches 2, all +1 rep votes thereafter for that post give them a boost to reputation. This way, if there are a few bad players supporting bad advice, they will be weeded out for the most part since it requires at least 3 +1's on a single post to actually verify that the person is giving good advice and not just spouting useless garbage.

Additionally, you would need to add rules to clarify the uses of reputation the newer members of the forum and what is acceptable and what isn't(so for example you would say that you shouldn't give a person rep in GDD for saying something silly). Additionally, you could have different reputation meters for each board, but that might get confusing.

not a bad idea but doesn't add up if you're a bit more cynical about the amount of "reps" many bad posts will get, especially if the debate in an advice thread gets even a little bit personal

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks: 2
archaeo, Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 20th December 2015, 20:18

cerebovssquire wrote:
Do not advertize how many times a person has been given rep(although people can say if they did or not). When you give click the "+1 rep" on a persons post, there is an invisible meter that is added to the post. Once that meter reaches 2, all +1 rep votes thereafter for that post give them a boost to reputation. This way, if there are a few bad players supporting bad advice, they will be weeded out for the most part since it requires at least 3 +1's on a single post to actually verify that the person is giving good advice and not just spouting useless garbage.

Additionally, you would need to add rules to clarify the uses of reputation the newer members of the forum and what is acceptable and what isn't(so for example you would say that you shouldn't give a person rep in GDD for saying something silly). Additionally, you could have different reputation meters for each board, but that might get confusing.

not a bad idea but doesn't add up if you're a bit more cynical about the amount of "reps" many bad posts will get, especially if the debate in an advice thread gets even a little bit personal

See also: reddit.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 4
archaeo, Arrhythmia, duvessa, nago

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 10th February 2016, 21:47

byrel wrote:And further nominate dowan. In spite of being somewhat hostile with devs he's very helpful to people seeking advice.

Wow, thanks. I know this is quite a late reply, but I appreciate the endorsement.

But I was never hostile to the devs, I treated them with the same respect I saw them treat others with :P.

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
duvessa
Previous

Return to Suggestions & Criticism