Tapatalk has problems with the ban hammer

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 12:35

Tapatalk has problems with the ban hammer

When browsing the tavern with tapatalk app for android, in some topics - e.g. the infamous Any way to check 'exact' monster stat in-game (or out-game) - I result banned from that specific sub-forum. I hypothesize there is some issue deriving from Sandman25's ban, as it as began after that, and the reason shown me to the toast message could be the message send to him.
Do any admin or mod have idea why it's happening? Maybe Lasty have you done some mistake in the ban procedure? (as much as I think it's hard to do something wrong with that)

Are here other tapatalk users who share this same problem?
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 12:36

Re: Tapatalk has problems with the ban hammer

I am also experiencing this issue.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 12:38

Yeah, same here.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 12:45

Yup, same issue

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 12:54

Well, maybe you have just been selectively banned :)
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 13:00

but who was post???

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 14:23

I just checked the ban list, and no one posting here is banned (which should really go w/o saying I suppose). It's possible that something about tapatalk changes your IP to be the same as one that was banned, but I'm not certain how you would check that.

I'm not a forum admin, so my tools for investigating are pretty limited. Can anyone affected give more detail about the issue?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 14:31

I have used tapatalk for years and had that problem, as best as I can guess, it happens when you visit a topic and the user who had last posted something in that topic in your prior visit has since been banned.

Also it seems to them persist into other topics unless you sit down the app and re open it.

Also just so you mods know, it also displays the reason for ban message pertaining to the banned individual.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 15:41

Happening to me as well, and this is my first post ever. Uploading a screenshot of the message I get in case it helps.
Attachments
tapatalk-ban.jpg
tapatalk-ban.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 5034 times

For this message the author Plan9 has received thanks: 2
byrel, nago

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 16:01

Yeah, that's same message I've got. Thanks for posting it!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 19:02

I should also add that Tapatalk has really gone to hell lately, introducing all kinds of weird bugs, so I'd be surprised if this was actually caused by anything on your end. Personally I'm not even that bothered by it and will just be uninstalling the app at this point - their recent introduction of ads (even for former paid users like myself) was almost enough already, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

With all their changes, I'd much rather just browse on my PC anyway.

For this message the author Plan9 has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 19:40

Plan9 wrote:I should also add that Tapatalk has really gone to hell lately, introducing all kinds of weird bugs, so I'd be surprised if this was actually caused by anything on your end. Personally I'm not even that bothered by it and will just be uninstalling the app at this point - their recent introduction of ads (even for former paid users like myself) was almost enough already, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah I reverted to an old version and disabled auto updates
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 22:40

Siegurt wrote:
Plan9 wrote:I should also add that Tapatalk has really gone to hell lately, introducing all kinds of weird bugs, so I'd be surprised if this was actually caused by anything on your end. Personally I'm not even that bothered by it and will just be uninstalling the app at this point - their recent introduction of ads (even for former paid users like myself) was almost enough already, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah I reverted to an old version and disabled auto updates

Funny, I backed up the APK right before updating to 4.0 (the update that messed everything up), but never got around to reverting back. Totally forgot I still had it until reading your post; I think I'll do the same.

On a semi-related note: if you use QuickPic, I'd advise you to do the same. They just sold out to Cheetah Mobile, and I can't imagine its future is going to be anything but bloated and filled with ads...

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 3rd September 2015, 23:09

Damn it

Return to Suggestions & Criticism