Recieved board warning for "Being toxic"

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 17th June 2015, 19:57

Recieved board warning for "Being toxic"

For this post: https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=227681#p227681
Yeah, I was certainly being sarcastic, but I was making a point, without insulting anyone. And that sort of thing has been allowed here for as long as I've read this board.(In fact, lots of mods here actually thank posts like this!)

So... have the rules suddenly changed? Or am I missing something here? This style of posting is certainly nothing new to the tavern!

If this is a new rule, I'd like it to be enforced against everyone evenly at least, and ideally, it would be documented.

For this message the author dowan has received thanks: 2
duvessa, thromnambular

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 17th June 2015, 20:17

Re: Recieved board warning for "Being toxic"

It is documented: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7178 ("moderation of GDD is significantly harsher than moderation of the other subforums", etc). The post which you were warned for certainly qualified as non-constructive and unhelpful. This subforum also isn't the place to complain about warnings, you're welcome to PM one of the other moderators if you feel that you've been treated unfairly, and to report any GDD posts you notice which are similarly negative and don't contribute in any useful way.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism