|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-02-22 10:16 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006900||[DCSS] Bug Report||minor||have not tried||2013-04-10 06:24||2013-04-11 03:34|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.13 ancient branch|
|Summary||0006900: Boulder beetle weirdness (again...)|
Boulder beetles -still- seem to have some weirdness wherein their roll special bends space and time to hit things it shouldn't possibly be able to reach. Rough sequence of events (game is on user Swiss at CAO):
1. Boulder beetle starts rolling while I'm fighting it and a bunch of other things.
2. After some amount of turns, it rolls up directly adjacent to me.
3. I don't really want to get hit by it, so I shoot it with a dispersal arrow. It goes somewhere else, still rolling.
4. After another couple of turns, it's adjacent to me again and I still don't want it to hit me, so I shoot another dispersal arrow at it. It ends up somewhere else at the edge of LoS, still rolling.
5. a turn or two later, it stops rolling and hits me, from 6 spaces away at the edge of LoS, without moving.
Pictures of the game state attached (tiles and console), to help visualize what the issue is here.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
boulderbeetlesgohome.png [^] (27,916 bytes) 2013-04-10 06:24
boulderbeetlesstayaway.png [^] (266,816 bytes) 2013-04-10 06:25
|I'd suggest ending the roll on a blink or teleport.|
Thanks for reporting, I've fixed this in trunk. Rather than stopping them rolling they keep their momentum and direction at the new location (just like IOOD which they were supposed to work the same as). There was simply a faulty check that meant their x,y didn't get updated properly.
I fixed numerous other errors and inconsistencies whilst I was at it.
|2013-04-10 06:24||Swiss||New Issue|
|2013-04-10 06:24||Swiss||File Added: boulderbeetlesgohome.png|
|2013-04-10 06:25||Swiss||File Added: boulderbeetlesstayaway.png|
|2013-04-10 16:41||BlackSheep||Note Added: 0022233|
|2013-04-11 03:34||mumra||Note Added: 0022243|
|2013-04-11 03:34||mumra||Status||new => resolved|
|2013-04-11 03:34||mumra||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.13 development branch|
|2013-04-11 03:34||mumra||Resolution||open => done|
|2013-04-11 03:34||mumra||Assigned To||=> mumra|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|