|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-02-24 03:00 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006083||[DCSS] Bug Report||major||always||2012-08-18 02:02||2013-12-06 03:00|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.11 ancient branch|
|Summary||0006083: ERROR in 'tileweb.cc' at line 200: Socket write error: No buffer space available|
OSX Mountain Lion Webtiles very nearly works... only it doesn't... :(
Steps to reproduce:
01) sudo easy_install tornado
02) pull latest code
03) submodule update
04) change branch to webtiles-unicode
05) make clean
06) make NO_AUTO_SDK=y SDK_VER=10.8 SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk TILES=y WEBTILES=y
07) python webserver/server.py
08) http://localhost:8080/ [^]
10) start a game
11) *** KABOOM! ***
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files||crash-dwg-20120818-003731.txt [^] (6,265 bytes) 2012-08-18 02:02 [Show Content]|
1. Don't use the webtiles-unicode branch, that's just an older feature testing branch. Just use master.
2. Don't compile with TILES=y, just WEBTILES=y. I have no idea what adding TILES=y will do, but it can't be good.
3. What does sysctl kern.ipc.maxsockbuf say?
(Please be aware that making the Webtiles _server_ run on something other than Linux really isn't a priority for me, though, especially since I don't have an OSX system to test on.)
|Reducing severity since it doesn't affect most people, and there's no one with both knowledge of webtiles and access to a Mac.|
Ediothiol, thank you for all your help with this.
===== Question 01 =====
01) pull latest code
02) submodule update
03) make clean
04) make NO_AUTO_SDK=y SDK_VER=10.8 SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk WEBTILES=y
05) python webserver/server.py
06) http://localhost:8080/ [^] [^]
08) start a game
09) pick race and character. <we are getting further than before! >
10) Kaboom! :-)
Same error as before. TILES=Y builds and runs fine.
===== Question 03 =====
I was having the same issue so I decided to check out the cause.
It turns out I had a different bit of kernel state in my Mountain Lion installation:
That setting limited the space available for datagrams from crawl to the webserver, causing a crash every time crawl tried sending a large menu such as the list of commands.
If you feel comfortable doing so, one workaround is to issue the following the command in a console
sudo sysctl -w net.local.dgram.recvspace=12288
where 12288 is some sufficiently large number. I don't know the size of the largest datagram, so I do not know how large a value that setting needs.
If you're fine patching in code, you could try using the patches in https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=6918 [^] . You shouldn't need to use the console command if you use those patches.
|Finally applied CKyle's patches, so this should be fixed in 0.14-a0-1322-g85c66a1.|
|2012-08-18 02:02||PhreeStyle||New Issue|
|2012-08-18 02:02||PhreeStyle||File Added: crash-dwg-20120818-003731.txt|
|2012-08-18 02:11||edlothiol||Note Added: 0019590|
|2012-10-15 21:25||KiloByte||Note Added: 0020356|
|2012-10-15 21:25||KiloByte||Severity||block => major|
|2012-10-19 16:20||PhreeStyle||Note Added: 0020384|
|2013-04-15 04:22||CKyle||Note Added: 0022292|
|2013-04-15 09:08||mumra||Relationship added||child of 0006918|
|2013-12-06 03:00||Medar||Note Added: 0024607|
|2013-12-06 03:00||Medar||Status||new => resolved|
|2013-12-06 03:00||Medar||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.14 development branch|
|2013-12-06 03:00||Medar||Resolution||open => done|
|2013-12-06 03:00||Medar||Assigned To||=> Medar|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|