|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-02-22 20:24 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005555||[DCSS] Bug Report||crash||have not tried||2012-04-11 17:47||2013-05-18 22:34|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.10 ancient branch|
|Summary||0005555: Auto travel with obsidian axe|
Game crashed after I traveled past a butterfly and got stopped with mesmerize.
The Message window was flooded with "You cannot move away from the butterfly!" about 1k times and game froze from there.
Windows XP SP3
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.10.1
|Tags||No tags attached.|
This specific issue was prevented by:
Maybe we should keep this open as there could still be a problem with non-no-exp-gain monsters that don't interrupt travel.
edited on: 2013-05-18 19:45
mumra is right. You can do the same thing with any monster that does not stop travel but gives XP. But it's not just autotravel. And it is not just mesmerization. Here are five ways to get essentially the same bug:
1. Swamp worms have a runrest_ignore_monster line by default. Summon a swamp worm, blink so you are at least three tiles away, and hit o with the obsideon axe. "You cannot move away from the butterfly!" spam will result.
2. Add a runrest_ignore_monster line for mermaids. Summon a mermaid, get away and mesmerized. Hit o. "You cannot move away from the mermaid!" spam will result.
3. The same thing with sirens. Or any other mesmerizer if they exist.
4. Butterflies have a runrest_ignore_monster line by default. Summon a butterfly, step away from it, self zap polymorph and turn into a fungus. Try to travel. "You're too terrified to move while being watched!" spam will result.
5. Add a runrest_ignore_monster line for eidolons. Summon an eidolon, let it cast fear on you and get into a corner with some space between you and it and a bunch of unexplored land in front of you. Try to autoexplore/travel. "You cannot move closer to the eidolon!" spam will result.
On the other hand, the game does NOT freeze. All you have to do to fix the situation is to press a key and stop autoexplore. It is still ugly though.
I think that when something prevents you from moving, instead of just printing a message and canceling the move, _make_player in main.cc needs to indicate somehow that the player failed to move. The travel command should check for this. That will fix all these bugs cleanly, and prevent any similar ones in the future.
These cases should be fixed with 0.13-a0-745-g8e9d6c2.
If more cases of this crop up, please reopen.
|2012-04-11 17:47||Thurman||New Issue|
|2013-03-19 11:38||mumra||Issue Monitored: mumra|
|2013-05-09 20:25||mumra||Note Added: 0022605|
|2013-05-18 19:42||blackcustard||Note Added: 0022691|
|2013-05-18 19:45||blackcustard||Note Edited: 0022691|
|2013-05-18 22:34||sgrunt||Note Added: 0022698|
|2013-05-18 22:34||sgrunt||Assigned To||=> sgrunt|
|2013-05-18 22:34||sgrunt||Status||new => resolved|
|2013-05-18 22:34||sgrunt||Resolution||open => done|
|2013-05-18 22:34||sgrunt||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.13 development branch|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|