|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2017-11-18 20:47 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005545||[DCSS] Patches||minor||have not tried||2012-04-09 00:46||2012-05-05 16:34|
|Status||closed||Product Branch||0.11 ancient branch|
|Summary||0005545: Orb mimics|
A small set of changes for orb mimics, which were already possible but not placed anywhere. Summary of changes in this patch:
- Rework Zot:5 vaults to have the orb placed at random among Z glyphs, with the other Z locations having a 1/10 chance each of having a mimic. This is a no-op for most vaults (but it allows future vaults with potential mimics to be easier to add), except orb_two_ways now has a 1/10 chance of generating an orb mimic. Since that vault only has a 5/40 = 1/8 chance of generating, and the player has a 1/2 chance of getting the real orb, that's a 1/160 chance of the player running into the mimic before the real orb.
- Name the mimic "orb mimic" rather than "Orb of Zot mimic".
- Upon discovery, the orb mimic shrieks like the orb does on pickup.
- Fix an incorrect indent I discovered in code dealing with apporting the orb.
- Sorry if the lua thing seems a little overengineered. ;)
- The orb chambers all tag ! as no_item_gen, but then subst ! away. I think this makes it fail (it did for me in one test).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files||0001-Introduce-shrieking-orb-mimics.patch [^] (7,039 bytes) 2012-04-09 00:46 [Show Content]|
edited on: 2012-04-09 07:29
Committed to trunk, with the "o" glyph changed to "O" since the former already means something (0.11-a0-1048-g243254a).
There is a general feeling among the devs I spoke to that orb mimics should remain quite rare: 1/80 games, as it is currently, is fine, but 1/2 would not be. I'm not sure how much the 1/80 could be increased without the trick becoming dull.
|Neil: why is this one still open?|
|kilobyte: I was waiting for other devs to comment, then I forgot about it.|
|2012-04-09 00:46||Zannick||New Issue|
|2012-04-09 00:46||Zannick||File Added: 0001-Introduce-shrieking-orb-mimics.patch|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Note Added: 0017686|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Status||new => resolved|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.11 development branch|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Resolution||open => done|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Assigned To||=> neil|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Status||resolved => feedback|
|2012-04-09 07:21||neil||Resolution||done => reopened|
|2012-04-09 07:29||neil||Note Edited: 0017686|
|2012-04-26 22:28||KiloByte||Note Added: 0017876|
|2012-05-05 16:34||neil||Note Added: 0017976|
|2012-05-05 16:34||neil||Status||feedback => closed|
|2012-05-05 16:34||neil||Resolution||reopened => done|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|