|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-08-23 05:10 CEST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005290||[DCSS] Upload: Maps and Vaults||feature||have not tried||2012-02-06 15:40||2014-06-06 20:31|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.11 ancient branch|
|Summary||0005290: (unfinished) exploding sheep altar|
This is an unfinished version of the vault. The problems are:
1. sheep can't survive the 3d20 explosion, unless 2. happens
2. they are placed north-to-south, allowing northmost sheep to act before the center explodes. If they wake up on time and the exit leads north, they get out alive (not a hard enemy even for weak chars). The vault shouldn't depend on a particular orientation.
2. could be avoided by placing the sheep with lua. 1. is harder: what I'd want is having the sheep damaged and on fire, running out in panic.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
xom_exploding_sheep.des [^] (1,415 bytes) 2012-02-06 15:40 [Show Content]
kilobyte_xom_exploding_sheep.des [^] (2,696 bytes) 2012-07-07 22:00 [Show Content]
Since I find the idea of this altar hilarious (Xom finds this hilarious!), I decided to tinker with it to get it closer to the above stated vision and generally improve it.
Primarily, the sheep (now placed with Lua at the moment of seeing the altar) will now properly flee in terror for the few moments that they have before they explode. Most of the time they separate from each other enough for at least half of them to explode individually.
Some other tinkering:
- The internal name is now kilobyte_xom_exploding_sheep; this is more reflective of other recent vault names.
- The permarock walls are now stone walls (it's been suggested to me previously that permarock should be used sparingly, and I can't think of a good reason that it would need to be used here).
- The Lua for removing the walls and door has been simplified.
- The messaging has been tinkered with to match the effect of the player sticky-flaming a herd of sheep, and you only hear the "divine giggling" once (and on the Xom channel).
I feel that this now works rather well, and hope you all agree.
|I don't see any reason not to add this in trunk|
|After finally rewriting my functionality to get monsters to speak through Lua, this is in as 0.15-a0-1307-g49c7870.|
|2012-02-06 15:40||KiloByte||New Issue|
|2012-02-06 15:40||KiloByte||File Added: xom_exploding_sheep.des|
|2012-07-07 22:00||sgrunt||File Added: kilobyte_xom_exploding_sheep.des|
|2012-07-07 22:05||sgrunt||Note Added: 0018822|
|2013-03-15 00:38||mumra||Issue Monitored: mumra|
|2013-03-27 06:32||mumra||Note Added: 0021860|
|2014-06-06 20:31||sgrunt||Note Added: 0026407|
|2014-06-06 20:31||sgrunt||Assigned To||=> sgrunt|
|2014-06-06 20:31||sgrunt||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-06-06 20:31||sgrunt||Resolution||open => done|
|2014-06-06 20:31||sgrunt||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.15 development branch|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|