|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-08-18 03:42 CEST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005010||[DCSS] Bug Report||minor||random||2011-12-05 15:58||2014-07-02 19:10|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.10 ancient branch|
|Summary||0005010: Monsters with blink are randomly able to blink trough vetrified walls.|
In sprint3 playing with Xom, I've ran into scenarios were Xom would vetrificate the walls, revealing the monsters outside the starting location. This may contain Jessica, a phantom, or a little south, the blink frogs.
Resting safely behind these walls, after (quite) a few attempts of those monsters blinking around, they somehow manage to blink trough a (unnaturally hard) wall.
The blink frogs at the bottom seem to be very good at this feat.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|I'm not sure this is a bug. At least, it's something I've always known about, but just assumed it was intended that monsters get to cheat with glass here.|
IMO it needs to be addressed. In particular:
* Standard spellcaster monsters shouldn't be able to blink through walls
* Monsters whose teleportation is something more innate (blink frogs, electric golems, imps) should be able to
* BUT, by the same token, Lugonu's Bend Space should have the same ability. Right now, it's just "Blink that hurts you" - why don't we give it a reason for existing?
|I've seen blink frogs blinking through those vitrified walls...and I've also seen them *not* blinking through them for thousands of turns in a row. There's definitely a bug here one way or the other.|
|Monster blink has been changed to respect glass walls, it seems.|
For the historical record: monsters had special case code to allow them to blink through walls in certain circumstances; either if the start/end-point of the blink was outside the player's LOS, or...
- // If the monster is on a visible square which is on the other
- // side of one or more translucent walls from the player, then it
- // can only blink through translucent walls if the end point
- // is either not visible to the player, or there are at least
- // as many translucent walls between the player and the end
- // point as between the player and the start point. However,
- // monsters can still blink through translucent walls to get
- // away from the player, since in the absence of translucent
- // walls monsters can blink to places which are not in either
- // the monster's nor the player's LOS.
This was removed in a5274fd6dc5.
|2011-12-05 15:58||Ragdoll||New Issue|
|2011-12-05 22:36||evilmike||Note Added: 0016123|
|2011-12-06 16:57||ion_frigate||Note Added: 0016128|
|2011-12-07 01:42||minmay||Note Added: 0016133|
|2013-05-31 15:34||mumra||Issue Monitored: mumra|
|2014-07-02 19:03||wheals||Note Added: 0026668|
|2014-07-02 19:03||wheals||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-07-02 19:03||wheals||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.15 development branch|
|2014-07-02 19:03||wheals||Resolution||open => done|
|2014-07-02 19:03||wheals||Assigned To||=> wheals|
|2014-07-02 19:10||PleasingFungus||Note Added: 0026670|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|