|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-02-23 23:07 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001472||[DCSS] FR: Interface Improvements||feature||N/A||2010-05-02 19:47||2014-09-01 06:54|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.6 ancient branch|
|Summary||0001472: Allow to see unmodified stats when choosing the stat to level up|
Currently the prompt to choose the stat to level up does not allow to see the player stats before equipment modifiers are applied, which is sometimes interesting to decide which stat to increase.
Also, it's not possible to examine other things like player status, inventory, etc.
I see these options to fix the issue:
1. Don't raise choosable stats on level up, but instead put the points in an "ability pool" and allow the player to upgrade stats at a later time
2. Add the unmodified stats to the interface
3. Print the unmodified stats before the level up stat prompt
4. Allow arbitrary examination commands before answering the prompt
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Of your suggestions, I feel that
1. is much more complicated than necessary, and
2. would show information that doesn't need to be available at all times
The easiest solution would be to include the unmodified stats in the prompt itself. I'm not sure how useful examining your inventory or mutation screen would be at this point. After all, it would hardly ever give you information that the base stats wouldn't.
Your base stats are Str 12, Int 7, Dex 15.
Increase (S)trength, (I)ntelligence, or (D)exterity?
|Implemented in 0.16-a0-321-g9a421ca.|
|2010-05-02 19:47||Luca||New Issue|
|2010-05-02 23:02||jpeg||Note Added: 0004563|
|2014-09-01 06:54||doy||Note Added: 0027137|
|2014-09-01 06:54||doy||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-09-01 06:54||doy||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.16 development branch|
|2014-09-01 06:54||doy||Resolution||open => done|
|2014-09-01 06:54||doy||Assigned To||=> doy|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|