|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-08-25 18:25 CEST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Wiki | Tavern | News|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0011776||[DCSS] Bug Report||minor||sometimes||2018-12-04 00:20||2019-02-07 23:37|
|Status||resolved||Product Branch||0.23 stable branch|
|Summary||0011776: Webtiles UI sometimes bugs and doesn't show the current situation|
Sometimes the UI bugs and doesn't show the current situation. I've been trying to find out whether it's my particular setup or if someone else has encountered it. I've now heard that it's just not me, so after trying different browsers, disabling extensions, playing on different sites I've decided to report it as a bug.
I've most often encountered the bug of the screen not refreshing properly when I have been playing on https://underhound.eu:8080. [^] It has also triggered for me when playing on http://crawl.xtahua.com:8080, [^] but it seems to trigger less often.
The worst version of the bug I've encountered is when I go down/up the stairs, the monsters are updated, but the terrain isn't. So I can see the monsters, but the terrain remains black.
The other version is that when someone joins my game as a spectator, I can still see the terrain, but the monsters are perhaps not where the game shows them to be, and sometimes I can see a monster being there but it's not.
The people coming into the spectator chat seems to trigger the bug for me very reliably, especially on UEU.
Because I have not heard from other people that they have not encountered this bug, after exhausting the options of disabling all the browser extensions and trying multiple servers, I've come into the conclusion that it is a real bug.
Also, my crawlrc file has a lot of "force_more_message" warnings that I have suspected might be a trigger, so it could be that people not having those might not encounter it as often or not at all.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
crawlrc.txt [^] (24,885 bytes) 2018-12-04 00:44 [Show Content]
513.gz [^] (9,974 bytes) 2018-12-04 13:52
|I added my crawlrc with the force-more-messages I mentioned about in my original report.|
The latest version of Chromium I've noticed the bug with:
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)
|I'm also playing on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS updated at least weekly|
|The Firefox version the bug is for me reproducable with: 63.0.3 (64-bit)|
|I suspect this is related to 11780, which was a chrome issue with how webtiles was reacting to our of order messages. A tentative fix for that bug has been applied, please report back if the problem persists.|
|It seems that this was resolved successfully by 0.23-a0-654-g63bca24c07. Please re-open this bug if the problem returns.|
|2018-12-04 00:20||ThreeInvisibleDucks||New Issue|
|2018-12-04 00:44||ThreeInvisibleDucks||File Added: crawlrc.txt|
|2018-12-04 00:45||ThreeInvisibleDucks||Note Added: 0032832|
|2018-12-04 00:48||ThreeInvisibleDucks||Note Added: 0032833|
|2018-12-04 00:49||ThreeInvisibleDucks||Note Added: 0032834|
|2018-12-04 01:02||ThreeInvisibleDucks||Note Added: 0032835|
|2018-12-04 13:52||markus34||File Added: 513.gz|
|2018-12-17 12:51||markus34||Note Added: 0032857|
|2019-01-12 17:52||ebering||Note Added: 0032921|
|2019-01-12 17:52||ebering||Relationship added||related to 0011780|
|2019-02-07 23:36||ebering||Note Added: 0033064|
|2019-02-07 23:36||ebering||Status||new => resolved|
|2019-02-07 23:36||ebering||Fixed in Branch||=> 0.24 development branch|
|2019-02-07 23:36||ebering||Resolution||open => done|
|2019-02-07 23:36||ebering||Assigned To||=> ebering|
|2019-02-07 23:38||ebering||Note Deleted: 0032857|
|Mantis 1.1.8[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Mantis Group|