Hi crawlers! Another week, another set of crawl changes.
- Draining no longer permanently reduces monsters’ stats (“hit dice”); instead, it now applies a temporary “drained” status, which reduces their hit dice while in effect for most purposes. This means, among other things, that draining attacks will no longer reduce the XP you get for killing monsters even slightly.
- Draining weapons now trigger slightly less often, but will always apply “drained” to monsters when they do. (The old effect only activated for 20% of “draining” hits.)
- A few more ranged weapon tweaks, tidying up after last week. Sling bullet & crossbow damage slightly down; longbow base delay, also slightly down.
- Similarly, deep elf master archers & centaur warriors are now slightly stronger (to adjust for their weapons being weakened), and Joseph is slightly weakened (similarly).
- Various sprites added; ghost crabs, triple crossbows & hand crossbows (the latter being a placeholder). Greatslings sprite still pending, possibly because everyone’s arguing over the name.
- Sprite revamps: in addition to the continuing work on ability & spell icons, there are new sprites for the Hellfire effect (purple, to make it clearer that it’s Not Actually Fire), Shadow Demons, and the demon blade Leech.
- New tiles option: tile_show_player_species, to display the player using the monster tile for their race instead of the normal sprite. (Note that this won’t display any equipment other the weapon & shield you’re using, and not even that for a few races.)
- Dispelling effects (the potion of cancellation, purple draconian/quicksilver dragon breath…) now reduces transformation durations to one turn instead of cancelling them instantly, to reduce instant deaths.
- New Gozag wrath effect: a 1/5 chance of potion drinking to simply fail.
- Donning & doffing armour now always takes 5 turns.
- Grey draconians have lost their former “trample monsters that are in a water tile while standing in deep water after successfully hitting with a tail-slap” ability.