Hi crawlers! This week, I’ll write up the latest changes to trunk and 0.15. It’s pretty quiet, since there’s a feature freeze in preparation for 0.15′s release, but we still have a few things.
- Ugly things have gotten… a bit uglier. ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) Ugly things now have the stats (hp, damage, etc) that very ugly things used to have; very ugly things have been upgraded to be, well, a bit like miniature elemental dire elephants. To compensate, ugly things no longer spawn in bands before D:13.
- Potions of resistance now grant acid/corrosion resistance.
- A number of enemies have been upgraded (sidegraded?) with a new ‘corrosive bolt’ spell; Deep Elf Sorcerers, Tengu Reavers, and Liches.
- A great number of new tiles have been added:
- All projectiles have been reworked to be more distinctive from melee weapons.
- Hand crossbows have a new set of sprites, replacing some decade-old placeholder programming art.
- Robes have a large set of new, varied sprites.
- Various enemies have had their sprites upgraded; Frances, thrashing horrors, and torpor snails.
- Nemelex invocation icons have been upgraded to the new style.
- Various miscellaneous spells have new icons.
- Mutagenic clouds now give nontrivial levels of glow; they’ll now cause yellow contam within 2-4 turns, from the previous minimum of 5 turns and average of 9.
- The Spectral Weapon description (for both spell & item) now actually mentions the injury bond effect.
- Ranged weapons have been slightly tweaked; shortbows & hand crossbows are very slightly stronger, triple crossbows are very slightly weaker.
- ?/S no longer provides advice on warding off the evil eye.