We’re proud to announce the release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.18: “Pakellas’s Packrats”! 0.18 features a new god and many other additions, streamlinings, and general improvements to the game.
Download DCSS 0.18 here, or play it online on one of many servers across the world! The Windows packages are available now, as well as the source; the Linux and OS X binaries should be online within a few days.
Update: The hotfix release 0.18.1 is now available.
Update #2: Linux debs of 0.18.1 are now available.
Update #3: OS X packages are now available.
The release tournament begins on May 6 2016, at 20:00 UTC, with all online 0.18 games counting towards your score. See the tournament website for more details, including how to set up or join a clan.
0.18′s highlights include:
- Spells: Charms have been rethought and reworked, and a new spell, Yara’s Violent Unravelling, allows you to punish any enemies with charms of their own.
- Branches: The Elven Halls have a new set of enemies, there’s a new way to make your way through (or out of) the Abyss, and the Orcish Mines are half as long, but twice as packed with gold.
- Items: Magical jewellery and wands have both been massively reworked, with many new types appearing and old types gone. Try out the new Amulet of Harm, which increases all damage dealt by – and to – the wearer!
- Monsters: Many monsters have been reworked or added, with a special focus on the early and very late game.
- Gods: Pakellas the Inventive gifts and empowers magical evocables, such as wands and rods. Yredremnulites can now enslave the souls of angels and demons, and Beoghites can bring their followers back from the dead.